The Australasian Leadership Computing Symposium 2023 (ALCS) showcases smarter and faster national research powered by HPCD and AI.
Date: 14-16 June 2023
Venue: Australian Academy of Science Shine Dome, Canberra – 15 Gordon Street, Acton 2601 ACT Australia
Format: In-person. Keynote sessions will be livestreamed.
ALCS23 will be Australasia’s research supercomputing users’ forum, as well as a flagship promotion of High-Performance Computing and Data (HPCD) and artificial intelligence (AI), powered by national infrastructure at scale in Australasia. The symposium will bring together a multidisciplinary mix of scientists for collaborative, technical and network building sessions across three days.
ALCS aims to showcase, share knowledge and experiences about HPCD and AI in practice within and across five broad scientific research communities:
- Materials, Fluid Dynamics and Engineering: computational fluid dynamics, dynamic molecular simulation, quantum chemistry, drug discovery
- Earth System Science: climate and weather, Earth observation, environmental science, geophysics
- Bioinformatics: biology, medical and public health, genomics, phenomics
- Astronomy: astrophysics, optical astronomy, radio astronomy
- Art and Social science: digital humanities, computational economics, social networks, policy making based on data science