Material contained on this site is owned by The Australian National University (ANU) representing National Computational Infrastructure (NCI).
When you look at the Australian National University web site our server makes a record of your visit and logs the following information:
- your browser’s internet address;
- the date and time of your visit to the site;
- the pages you accessed and documents downloaded;
- the previous site visited;
- the type of browser you are using; and
- the username entered if accessing a restricted site.
The ANU uses this information for statistical purposes and for system administration tasks to maintain this service. We do not attempt to identify individuals as part of our regular business practices however in the unlikely event of an investigation, the ANU, a law enforcement agency or other government agency may exercise its legal authority to inspect our server’s logs.
If at any stage you provide us with your email address either as part of a message or by completing a web form, we will only use your email address for the purposes for which it was provided. We will not subscribe your email address to any mailing list without your consent.
External sites that are linked to or from the ANU site are generally not under our control or responsibility and you are advised to review their privacy statement.
National Computational Infrastructure - Collection Notice
This collection notice explains how we use your data in relation to your attendance to an event organised by NCI. You may also be asked if you would like to stay in touch with us and consent for your personal details to be retained and used to communicate with you (in accordance with your stated preferences).
What personal data will be processed?
The personal data we process will be:
The information you provide in the form to register for an activity or by other means such as in an email or over the telephone. This may include:
- your title, name, and full postal, email or telephone contact details;
- your job title and role;
- dietary needs
Other information may be collected if you have requested additional services from us. This may include:
- travel preferences (including dates and times of travel, preferred carriers and hotels)
- frequent flyer number
- details of passport and/or visa
For certain events we may also collect biographical information that you either provide to us directly, or from publicly available sources. This may include:
- written biographies
We will also collect:
- Records of communications sent to you by NCI
- Records of communications that we receive from you in relation to an event you have been invited to attend, will attend/have attended.
What is the purpose of the processing?
NCI will process your personal data for the following purposes:
- To register you to attend the event(s) you desire to attend;
- To provide you with information about the event(s) for which you have registered, that includes event updates, and possible changes, cancellation or similar information;
- To tailor information/training to the needs of the intended audience;
- To provide you with information about accessibility, transportation, parking, etc. that may impact on your attendance of the event;
- To fulfil and monitor our legal responsibilities, for example, under public safety legislation;
- In accordance with your preferences, to communicate with you about other events, news, and opportunities hosted by NCI.
Who will your personal data be shared with?
Within NCI, your data is shared only with staff who need access for the processing purposes set out above.
We may share some of the information with external organisations providing services for the event you are attending for example:
- We may share your information (including dietary requirements) with catering service if you are attending an event where catering is offered.
- We may share your information with organisations contributing to event content/management to the extent necessary to undertake the event.
- In accordance with your preferences, we may share your information with organisations contributing to event content/management to communicate with you about other similar events.
The information shared will only be used to provide the service required.
How long is your data kept?
The information you provide when you register for an event is kept until all business with the event has concluded.
If you consent to stay in touch with us, essential information to communicate with you will be kept until you withdraw your consent or unsubscribe to specific communication.
Your rights in relation to your data.