This GPU Bootcamp is an exciting and unique way for scientists and researchers to learn the skills needed to start quickly accelerating codes on GPUs. Held as a virtual event across two days (two three-hour sessions), participants will learn how to write a portable parallel program that can run on multicore CPUs and accelerators like GPUs. They will also learn how to apply incremental parallelisation strategies using the OpenACC programming model to accelerate an example application simulating heat distribution across a 2-dimensional metal plate, and applying this knowledge to accelerate a mini-application.
Presented by NCI Australia and NSCC Singapore, the Bootcamp is open to all current and prospective NCI and NSCC users.
Aug 17, 2022 – 1.00pm-4.00pm AEST
- Welcome (Moderator): 1.00pm-1.15pm
- Connecting to a Cluster: 1.15pm-1.30pm
- Introduction to GPU Programming with OpenACC: 1.30pm-4.00pm (Lecture)
- Introduction to GPU Programming
- Introduction to OpenACC
- OpenACC Data Management
- OpenACC Loop Optimization
Aug 18, 2022 – 1.00pm-4.00pm AEST
- Introduction to Nsight Tools: 1.00pm-2.00pm (Lecture + Lab)
- Mini Application Challenge: 2.00pm–4.00pm (Lab)
- Basic experience with C/C++ or Fortran. No GPU programming knowledge is required.
- This event has limited capacity, so please make sure that prerequisites are met before applying.
The 2-day Bootcamp will be hosted online in the Aust Eastern Standard Time (AEST) zone. All communication will be done through Zoom, Slack and email.