NCI and Fujitsu are hosting an online workshop to learn about the research community's future needs in integrated high-performance computing, data and cloud systems. Bringing together speakers from across NCI's research areas and a number of commercial providers for a range of Australian and international perspectives, this workshop is the start of NCI's next-generation planning.
Interested NCI users are welcome to attend to hear the talks on the 8th of February. A survey will be available for anyone joining in to add their thoughts to the workshop's outcomes. Register for the Zoom event at the link below.
Scientific presenters include:
- in the area of climate and weather simulations and the growing scale of data analysis, Justin Freeman and Linda Eitelberg from the Bureau of Meteorology, Andy Hogg from The Australian National University and Richard Matear from CSIRO
- in the area of genomics, Bernie Pope from the University of Melbourne and Matthew Downton from NCI
- in the area of earth observation, David Gavin from Geoscience Australia
- in the area of scientific visualisation, Drew Whitehouse from NCI
- in the area of quantum computing, Lloyd Hollenberg from the University of Melbourne
Commercial partners include:
- Fujitsu Japan, Fujitsu Europe and Fujitsu Australia
- Amazon Web Services
Event Timetable (PDF)