This is the second of NCI's Data Webinars, each covering a particular aspect of NCI's data services, environments, management and more.
Who should attend: NCI data users, general researchers who are interested in the following domains such as climate and weather, earth observation, geosciences, hydrology, environment, astronomy, and son on.
Format: The first part will be a talk (20-30min), followed by Q&A.
Details about the webinars, including past webinar slides, are at http://bit.ly/NCIDataWebinar.
This fortnight's webinar is about NCI's Virtual Desktop Infrastructure.
We will talk about:
- What is the VDI
- How to configure your login
- What the VDI offers you
- How to load libraries and packages
- How to set up a working environment
- How to run Jupyter notebooks on VDI
Prerequisite for this Webinar:
- If you are a NCI user, I encourage you to install the VDI on your computer before the webinar. See installation instruction here.
- If you are not a NCI user, but would like to be, you can sign up from Mancini.
- If you are not a NCI user and not interested in being a member at this stage. There are still some general information that might be useful, such as how to run a Jupyter notebook, and how to set up an environment, etc.
- Please send to email@example.com if you have any issues with VDI installation.