Using the NCI Helpdesk
JIRA Service Desk (JSD) is NCI’s primary support system for users. You can access JSD at this address: help.nci.org.au. Here is a basic introduction to the system and its operation.
- This is what you see after logging in to JSD. Please use your standard NCI login name and password.
- This page gives you access to all the features of the Service Desk, starting with the “Accounts and Projects” options.
- These options let you request help on user and project registration, computing allocations, storage allocations, and general support.
- Other topics you might make help requests about such as HPC systems, Data and Storage, and Cloud are available in the side bar on the left.
Submitting a help request:
- Submitting a help request looks like this. Just fill in all of the fields as required and press submit.
- Alternatively, you are also able to send your help requests to email@example.com. Please make sure to use your institutional email address to do this, and include details of the issue in your email message.
Viewing your requests:
- If you want to see the status of a current support request, go to “My requests” in the top right of the screen. This will display your request titles.
- Clicking on the title gives you access to further details and statistics about the request, as the image above shows.
NCI Help Centre Home:
- You can also click through to the NCI Help Centre. This gives you access to the NCI Help Desk, but also lets you contact the Communications team for media enquiries and contact the NCMAS secretariat.