2015 NCI/Nvidia Workshop
This workshop has passed. However, you can download the workshop presentations below:
Introduction to Nvidia GPU technology and research partnerships
Introduction to the nvBio framework and nvBowtie
Introduction to CUDA-C
Introduction to CUDA Libraries
CUDA Profiling Tools
Introduction to OpenACC Directives
NCI and accelerators
NCI and Nvidia are pleased to present the 2015 NCI/Nvidia Bioinformatics GPU Workshop and CUDA Programming Workshop.
Bioinformatics GPU Workshop: 8.30am-5pm, Thursday 17 September
CUDA Programming Workshop: 9am-1pm, Friday 18 September
Where: Law Link Theatre, Building 7, Fellows Road, ANU campus, Canberra (see map)
NCI is looking at the place GPUs may have in the computational mix supporting the Bioinformatics community.
The Bioinformatics GPU Workshop aims to provide background to Nvidia’s GPU technologies and where they fit in the bioinformatics space.
The CUDA Programming Workshop is a generalised GPU programming workshop aiming to provide an introduction to CUDA and other development environments for using GPUs in computational applications.
Registration is now closed. For enquiries email Tegan.Kahn@anu.edu.au
Thursday 17 September: Bioinformatics GPU Workshop
- 8:30am – Registration
- 9:15am – Welcome and Introduction (Brian Davis, NCI)
- 9:30am – Introduction to Nvidia GPU technology and research partnerships (Simon See, Nvidia)
- 10:30am – Morning tea
- 11:00am – GPUs in Bioinformatics – Introduction to the nvBio framework and nvBowtie (Vinay Deshpande, Nvidia)
- 11:45am – GPU enabled performance – Comparison across CPU and GPU aligners (Annette McGrath / Sean Li, CSIRO)
- 12:30pm – Lunch
- 1:30pm – NCI and accelerators (Muhammad Atif / Lei Shang, NCI)
- 2:15pm – Open Q&A (Nvidia, NCI, CSIRO)
- 3:00pm – Afternoon Tea
- 3:30pm – Using the nvBio framework and other GPU enabled libraries in your programming (Vinay Deshpande, Nvidia)
(Note that this section is focused principally on those with a programming background)
- 5:00pm – Close
Friday 18 September: CUDA Programming Workshop
- 8.45am – Registration
- 9:30am – Welcome and Introduction (Brian Davis, NCI)
- 9:40am – CUDA C, OpenACC, CUDA libraries, etc (Vinay Deshpande, Nvidia)
- 10:30am – Morning tea
- 11:00am – Session continues
- 12:00pm – 1:1 discussions from interested parties (Nvidia and NCI)
- 1:00pm – Close
There is no attendance cost.
Attendees will be required to organise and pay for their own transport and accommodation.
Attendees are responsible for booking their own accommodation in Canberra.
University House is on ANU campus and less than 5 minutes’ walk from NCI.
Hotel Hotel, Peppers Gallery Hotel and QT Canberra are all within 15 minutes’ walk.
Many of the hotels on Northbourne Ave, including the Novotel, are within 25 minutes’ walk.
Please note parking is very limited at NCI and on ANU campus in general. Use of taxis is highly recommended: call 13 2227 to book. The trip from the airport to NCI takes around 15 minutes (allow 25-30 min during peak hour).